Better Mura admin (Greasemonkey script)
Here at Nordpil we are big fans of the Mura content management system (CMS), created by the Blue River Interactive Group. Mura CMS is a very full-featured and easy to use web publishing system that runs on the Adobe Coldfusion platform, or equivalent technologies, such as Railo or Open Bluedragon (which this site uses).
There are a few minor annoyances in the administrator interface though, and to bypass those, this little script has been prepared.
See below for the full code for the Better Mura admin script. It address the following issues:
- Accesskey for the publish button on the content forms in the admin, press alt+shift+p to submit and publish content.
- The 3 hour timeout and automatic logout from the administration interface is eliminated.
- The 'e' accesskey added for editing content from the actual website, both when logged in and when not. For the latter it will open a window for login, and return for editing.
- The 's' accesskey for browsing the actual website, to open the site manager. Also adds a link in the front end tools bar (on the top).
To install the better_mura_admin.js, click this link.
Note that you need to add the sites where you want to apply this.
The code is made available for unrestricted download, under the Creative Commons 2.5 attribution license. This gives you the right to redistribute and modify the script, as long as Nordpil is properly credited.
Releases and versions
- version 1.0, January 8 2009